Here is a short tutorial about how to install CyanogenMod 10.1 ROM based on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100. CyanogenMod comes with a lot of features you can not find in the official Android release, like:
- Lockscrenen gestures – you can associate any gesture with a certain action/application
- Phone googles – to filter unwanted messages and calls
- OpenVPN – for secure connections
- Incognito mode – for anonymous browsing
- Theme manager – to build an apk theme for your system
- DSP equalizer – for best sound processing
Before starting the update please note:
- This tutorial is valid only for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100.
- The device has to be rooted and to run CWM or TWRP Recovery.
- Create a NANDROID backup of your current ROM. A restore point will help you to roll back if you want to.
- USB debugging mode has to be enabled.
- Make sure that the device is plugged or the battery charged over 50%.
In order to install Android 4.2.2 CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly ROM on Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 P3100 follow these steps:
1. Download the CM10.1 Nightly ROM ( cm-10.1-20130218-NIGHTLY-p3100.zip – 153MB ).
2. Download GApps for CyanogenMod 10.01 ( gapps-jb-20121130-signed.zip – 99.6MB ).
3. Connect the tablet to the PC. Transfer the 2 archives to the tablet’s SD card. When the files are copied disconnect the tablet from the computer.
4. Power off the tablet
5. Press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously to boot into CWM Recovery mode.
6. Select ‘backup and restore’ option to create a NANDROID backup. You will need it if you want to roll back later.
7. Select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option and confirm.
8. Select ‘install zip from sdcard’ and then ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find cm-10.1-20130218-NIGHTLY-p3100.zip and install it.
9. Select ‘choose zip from sdcard’ again. Choose gapps-jb-20121130-signed.zip and install it.
10. Return to the main menu of the Recovery mode.
11. Reboot your device.
12. Enjoy your CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly ROM
If you need any other details just let us know.