LG Optimus L9 P760 scores high at hardware specs, also having been improved recently in terms of firmware and functionality. On the other hand, some bug fixes and additional features may not be enough for modding enthusiasts around the world. In this perspective, the solution would be rooting the device and installing a custom firmware that can meet your requirements. And for this to be possible, you need to root your LG Optimus L9 P760 and install a custom recovery tool. Our choice is ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery.
The following tutorial will explain you how to install CWM recovery on LG Optimus L9 running on official firmware. The tutorial will work only for LG Optimus L9 P760, P768, P769.
How to install ClockWorkMod Recovery on LG Optimus L9 with official Jelly Bean firmware:
1. Before proceeding with the installation of ClockWorkMod Recovery on your LG Optimus L9, you must first unlock the bootloader;
2. Download ROM toolkit ( rom_toolkit_1.3-ENG.exe – 12.5MB);
3. Connect your smartphone to PC with the LG software turned on;
4. Install ROM toolkit and run it;
5. In the program window type 3, press ENTER and the CWM recovery will be written on your phone;
6. After the flash is completed just turn off your phone;
7. At this point your LG Optimus L9 should have ClockWorkMod Recovery installed;
8. Hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously;
9. Release Power button when the LG vibrates to boot into Recovery mode.