This short tutorial will show you how to reset HTC One X to factory settings in two different ways, both in software mode and in hardware mode.
The reason for which users may consider a hard reset as an option is either the selling of the smart phone to someone else or incorrect settings interfere with the good functioning of the device. Moreover, hard resetting your HTC One X is the last option when you forgot passwords, lock patterns, PINs that can’t be recovered with Gmail ID.
On the other side, the problem is that the hard reset process leads to the deletion of all files on the internal memory. Apply these guidelines only if needed.
How to reset HTC One X from menu:
1. Enter ‘Settings’ from the menu;
2. Select ‘Backup & Reset’, then tap ‘Reset phone';
3. In case you want to delete all data from device, select ‘Erase all data';
4. Then tap ‘Reset phone’ and that’s all.
How to reset HTC One X using hardware buttons:
1. Power of your HTC One X;
2. Simultaneously press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons until the Android image appears;
3. Choose ‘Factory reset’ and wait for completion.