Technology enthusiasts, who are very fond of new releases and tweaking, made use of HTC Butterfly since December 2012, enjoying a top class smart phone, which is about to turn better after a rooting procedure we will describe here. Read this tutorial carefully and apply the guidelines.
Before the actual rooting of your device, spend a minute to learn about the risks and the prerequisites for the installation:
A. Your phone should run on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean official software;
B. HTC Butterfly Bootloader has to be unlocked;
C. Rooting voids the warranty;
D. You need to back-up all data before this procedure. Use CWM Recovery or Samsung KIES for this;
E. CWM Recovery or TWRP Recovery should be installed on the device; to install CWM Recovery on HTC Butterfly read this tutorial;
F. USB drivers have to be updated and debugging mode should be enabled;
G. Battery level must be above 80%. If not, you run the risk of damaging your phone;
H. The smart phone should not be carrier locked;
I. We are not responsible for the damages you may inflict to the device.
How to root HTC Butterfly running on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean official firmware:
1. Download SuperSU Root (su_buzyb0x.zip – 1.8MB) and copy the downloaded file to the SD card;
2. Power off the device and unplug the USB cable;
3. Simultaneously press and hold Volume Up + Power button in order to boot into Recovery Mode;
4. Within Recovery Mode select flash zip from SD card;
5. Now select choose zip from SD card;
6. Scroll and tap over the downloaded and copied file (su_buzyb0x.zip). The installation process should start;
7. Wait for completion, than reboot your smartphone;
8. Wait for the first reboot, as it may take longer than usual. And that’s all!