LG Nexus 4 has been around for quite a while, so it is about time you installed a custom ROM on it. We thus recommend TheCollective Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware, the best solution that suits your smart phone for the moment being. TheCollective ROM brings customization features to the next level, making use of all those hardware capabilities of your smart phone. This tutorial will teach you how to install the mentioned custom ROM on LG Nexus 4 in a matter of minutes.
Before that, you should be aware of some specific warnings regarding this process:
1. This is a third party software, with no connection whatsoever to the official developers;
2. You are the only one responsible for any kind of damage your device might experience due to inappropriate use;
3. The latest USB drivers for LG Nexus must be installed on the computer;
4. Before starting the installation process you need to back-up all data from the internal memory;
5. Charge battery to above 80% in order to avoid permanent damage to device;
6. It is a must to root the device before installing custom firmware distributions;
7. You also need to install a custom recovery tool: CWM Recovery or TWRP.
You are now ready to install TheCollective Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean custom firmware on LG Nexus 4:
1. Download TheCollective Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean ROM ( aocp_mako-ota-eng.silver03wrx.zip – 193MB );
2. Download Google Apps (Gapps_jb_20130224-signed.zip);
3. Using the USB cable, connect the device to the computer and copy the downloaded files to the SD card root folder;
4. Power off the device and unplug the USB cable;
5. Simultaneously press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power buttons to enter Bootloader Mode;
6. By following the instructions that appear on your screen, enter ‘RECOVERY';
7. In ‘Recovery’ select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’, then select ‘wipe cache partition';
8. Select ‘Advanced’ and optionally ‘wipe dalvik cache’, by choosing the command with the same name;
9. Go back to the first screen and ‘install zip from SD card';
10. ‘Choose zip from SD card’ and select aocp_mako-ota-eng.silver03wrx.zip;
11. Do the same action for ‘Google Apps';
12. Reboot the device. The first time it may take longer than usual.
13. Experience TheCollective Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware on LG Nexus 4!